My name is Kerrie Searle, Animal Communicator, and my website address is: https://animal-communicator.com.au. This policy refers to myself and any of my contractors who may provide services on my behalf for my business.
What personal data we collect and why
When visitors leave comments on the site, or send a message via our contact page form, we collect the data shown in those forms, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
In compliance with the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we adhere to a strict set of data collection principles in relation to collecting your personal information submitted via our website's contact form. These data collection principles are as follows:
- Visitors making a submission via our contact form will be notified at the time of their data collection via an emailed confirmation;
- Personal data will only be collected for the purpose of responding to your contact request or to facilitate making a booking for a consultation;
- The data collected is adequate and relevant for the purpose of making contact with Kerrie or making a consultation booking;
- Personal data will not be kept for longer than necessary, and details will only be kept on file in the event that you proceed with a consultation. This record is kept securely solely for the purpose of recording the details of your consultation in the event of needing to refer to these details for a future booking;
- Appropriate security measures are in place to protect your data, both on this website, with our Internet Service Providers (ISP), and on our computers and related devices;
- Personal data will never be sold or transferred to anyone else, with the only transfer exception being where legal summons demands access.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select "Remember Me", your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We never share your data with anyone outside of my own organisation, Kerrie Searle, Animal Communicator, except where legal summons demands it.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.